for amplified orchestra and sampler
Commissioned by Staatstheater Cottbus
First performance: Staatstheater Cottbus, Germany, 06.05.2011
Philharmonisches Orchester des Staatstheater Cottbus, cond. M. Niemann
Publisher: Edizioni Suvini Zerboni
Impulse – 24 Uraufführungen (2012)
cd Telos Music Label
Philharmonisches Orchester des Staastheaters Cottbus, cond. Evan Christ
Ein wisperndes Luftgebilde – The Sinopia
3 Fl (1. also piccolo, 2. also flute in G)
2 Cl in Bb
4 Horns in F
1 Bass tuba
– perc 1: sand block, large bass drum (tuned in C) + very soft stcks, small snare drum + clothes brush + metal brushes
– perc 2: sand block, large suspended cymbal + very soft sticks + metal brushes, small tam tam + metal brushes + soft mallets, anvil + metal bar + hammer
– perc 3: small snare drum + clothes brush + metal brushes, small suspended cymbal + very soft stcks + metal brushes, large tam tam + soft mallets, large snare drum + clothes brush, vibraphone + very hard sticks
Masterkeyboard + sampler (Macintosh computer)
12 I Violins (+ 12 plastic coated cartons*)
10 II Violins
5 Double basses
*The 12 plastic coated cartons are provided with the orchestral parts
– 2 loudspeakers
The loudspeakers should be placed at opposite ends of the orchestra, in a straight line with the violins and the double basses, in order to mix properly the electronic sounds with the sounds of the acoustic instruments.
– a light amplification of the orchestra, in order to mix properly, into the loudspeakers, the electronic sounds with the sounds of the acoustic instruments.
– 1 masterkeyboard + sampler (with 51 soundfiles .aif)
Sampler and soundfiles are included in the cdrom, attached with score and parts
– 1 small mixer
The electronic sounds played by the masterkeyboard + sampler should be mixed loud enough, so as to compete with the sound of the orchestra.
The orchestra as a huge inharmonic machine.